Wednesday, November 10, 2010

be a romantic.

I refuse to hear the phrase "chivalry is dead". ladies and gentlemen. if you think that quote is correct, do something about it. ATTENTION gentlemen: it is possible to be polite to a woman yet still maintain that ever so important "dude bra"ness. go to her door when you pick her up! surprise her with flowers. tell her she looks pretty. tell her she looks beautiful. remember the little things she says. don't be afraid to be cheesy. not too cheesy, but hey star gazing is fun!

I have a very wonderful friend. he is seriously one of the sweetest boys ever. he probably didn't think anyone noticed tonight how he quickened his pace in order to beat a group of girls to the door so he could open it for them, but I did. "be the change you wish to see in the world". you never know who is watching.

I was riding my bike earlier this afternoon when I realized just how beautiful fall is. I love the crunch of the leaves underneath my tires & the zip of the air in my ears as I cruise down a hill.


People seriously need to take a minute to appreciate life around them. there's too much beauty to just go through life stressed out. I recommend a daily walk. at least 15 min. through a park, campus, neighborhood, whatever is closest! bring a loved one along. you never know what conversation may spark.

I saw a couple walking through the prettiest little hidden passage. They were so cute holding hands and sneaking kisses. best part? they must have been at least 60. I think old people are always so happy because they have finally figured out the secrets of life. SLOW DOWN AND ENJOY!

here's a few easy ways to love life a little more:

-start a leaf collection book. enjoy the beauty of nature. there are so many colors that once you do slow down, its hard not to keep looking.
-take pictures. of everything. your kids. food. nature. friends. yourself. it's okay to be artsy, creative, gutsy, messy. go for it.
-play with children. kids are some of the most creative and fun people around. you'll never be bored because they are always thinking of new fun games!
-do something adventurous. now I'm not saying "go skydiving". just do something spontaneous. take an unplanned car trip. go to the new thai restaurant that you normally would avoid.
-go on a picnic. possibly one of my favorite activities. so fun because it's FREE! crazy I know. but do it. you won't forget it.
-build something. bird cage. lego house. gingerbread house. doesn't matter. JUST DO IT!
-donate. what better way to feel good about yourself and clean out your closet? your local good will, salvation army, thrift store, whatever! CHECK IT OUT!

I recently acquired my mother's old canon camera. I'm especially excited since it's a film camera. really old, maybe not quite vintage, but I love it. I was so excited to go out and use it that I immediately started snapping pictures. anything I could find. people, animals, strangers...but mostly nature. if I might recommend a rather beautiful street in norman it would be Pickard. the trees lean over the street until it looks like they are touching the other side all the way down. I can't wait to see how they turn out. I'll be sure to put them up as soon as I can. while I'm not exactly a professional photographer, it's something I enjoy. go out and do something that excites you. who knows? maybe you ARE a natural skateboarder or a Mia Hamm of soccer skills.

it's not that hard kids. God made life for you to enjoy. don't miss out.

"life moves pretty fast. if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."-Ferris Bueller.

love and rockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment